Personal Care Services
Personal Care Services, technically identified as Personal Assistance Services (PAS), provides personal care assistance to people whose chronic health problems impair their ability to perform activities of daily living. PAS includes assistance with the performance of the activities of daily living and instrumental activities of daily living necessary to maintain the home in a clean, sanitary and safe environment.
A services coordinator assesses applicants for functional need and in conjunction with the applicant and applicant’s family, generates an individualized service plan. Personal assistance services (PAS) may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- assisting with the activities of daily living, such as feeding, preparing meals, transferring and toileting;
- assisting with personal maintenance, such as grooming, bathing, dressing and routine care of hair and skin;
- assisting with light household activities and chores necessary to maintain the home in a clean, sanitary and safe environment, such as changing bed linens, housecleaning, laundering, shopping, storing purchased items and washing dishes;
- providing ambulation and exercise;
- assisting with medications that are normally self-administered;
- escorting the member on trips to obtain medical diagnosis, treatment or both.
The individual care provided under this program is for the patient’s individual personal space and solely for his/her personal needs. The following are examples of services not provided under PAS:
- taking care of household non-service related pets;
- cleaning windows; and
- performing yard work.
What will insurance cover?
What will insurance cover?
Your insurance may provide complete or partial coverage for these services.
We are currently authorized by the Medicaid program and various Medicaid managed care organizations (MCO) to provide personal care services to eligible individuals under various long term care programs. If you are a Medicaid beneficiary, or are deemed “income eligible”, and your primary care physician certifies a need for services, we may be able to provide services to you free of charge.
We also offer Private Pay services to individuals with no current health coverage benefits.
Contact us to review your current coverage!
Call Us Today • (956) 544-7714
IN BUSINESS SINCE 1996
Commitment to Excellence
Abundant Life Home Health, Inc. is accredited by Accreditation Commission for Health Care (ACHC) for compliance with a comprehensive set of national standards. By choosing a healthcare provider that has achieved ACHC accreditation, you can take comfort in knowing that you will receive the highest quality of care. If you have any concerns about the product or service that you receive from Abundant Life Home Health, Inc., you may contact ACHC directly at 855-937-2232.